10.06.2008

pyro

I was recently driving in to school, and was convinced for at least half of a minute that Pullman had been bombed. You know how that road goes, lots of curves and hills, and all I knew was that a huge amount of smoke was rising into the sky beyond my clear vision and in approximate location of the town. What I found was this:

Just a controlled burn by a local farmer. The pictures are not so great since they were taken through a moving car window. I almost forgot about this event until I downloaded the images which got me to thinking. Sometimes I think it is better to leave the camera in the backpack and just enjoy whatever visual splendor is before me. Experience it in the moment, you know? Or maybe the bigger lesson is that I should not be rummaging through my backpack and taking pictures while driving a dangerous metal object on wheels going 50 mph.....

No comments: