12.23.2008

classic

One of the best things about traveling to Iowa (my current location), is the anticipation of some new Grandma stories.
Tonight we were treated to some of her usual antics at a family dinner celebration for my brother's engagement. As my brother and his fiance opened their gift from her they found a nice set of flatware and a newspaper article. The newspaper article is nothing new, as she often sends clippings and obituaries along with birthday cards. This article was wedding themed of course. Upon opening her card we learned that the flatware was, in fact, not the set they had registered for, but rather a set my own parents had given her about 5 years ago for a Christmas present.

With that, I wish you a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i LOVE grandma stories. you should compile them and write a book about them.