4.30.2009

Golden afternoon

I spent the afternoon yesterday working at a coffee shop in downtown Golden. Roux was well behaved and stayed on the ground next to me happily watching people go by. It occurred to me that that's one great thing about dogs; the way they can be part of so many different facets of your life (unlike horses).
.

The tulips are in full bloom in town right now. I don't know a darn thing about gardening, but tulips must be pretty hardy because they grow even in our yard, and keep blooming even when it snows.
,

I also found this antique carousel horse at a shop in Golden (right before Roux's new friend offered her a used pretzel), and re-remembered how someone once used a similar item to ask you to prom. That was pretty cool, in retrospect. I sort of hope we both have people in our lives in the next fifty years who sometimes do things at least that frivolous.
.

I know you are probably feeling nostalgic about Washington and your life there right now, but I am mostly excited that you will soon be closer to me.
,

No comments: