4.02.2009

I've been holding out on you

I have several orders of business; the first of which is definitely Camilla Engman.
,

Even if I don't have time to read any blogs, I read hers every day. (And this one, of course). I can't believe it's taken me this long to post about her here, because I just know you're going to love her as much as I do. All of her art is amazing, but you will especially appreciate her paper art. Also, she has a lovely little dog named Morran that makes regular appearances on her blog.
.
Next, I am recently obsessed with Keith Loutit, an Australian photographer/artist who makes movies using a tilt shift lens. (See, I definitely need a D90). His videos make everything look fake, and somehow that opens it up for a totally fresh message. He also picks great music to accompany his little films. This little film, Bathtub IV is one of my favorites.
,

Bathtub IV from Keith Loutit on Vimeo.

And last, I have a new blog. (When will I stop? I need to slow down on the multiple blogs business). I had to create one for my Interactive Art + Design class, so I introduce to you BowBlog. I'm still trying to find my stride with it, but I think it'll essentially be an online sketchbook for projects, thesis ideas, etc. Do not feel at all pressured to keep up with it.

Besides that, the only news is the fact that I am totally sick of bad weather. This is what my drive home yesterday looked like (along with thunder and lightening, neither of which show up in this photo taken with my phone):
k
I'm ready for a little sunshine.

1 comment:

lauren said...

wow, so much jammed into that one post. list format is necessary for response:

1. you were right, I DO love that blog and the paper art. I can't believe it took you so long to share!

2. the video was also fantastic. crazy how toy-like everything became.

3. i'm excited about your new blog (and impressed that you will be blogging in three different locations). it will be a good peak into your head and the work you do at school.

4. i feel ya on the snow. supposedly it's going to be sunny this weekend, but i have no faith in the forecast anymore.