4.20.2009

A hole the size of Blackie

In doing research for my interactive dog project, I came across this Roger Ebert article about dogs in general, and about his childhood dog Blackie specifically. It's a little on the long side, but worth the read, especially with the antiqued accompanying photos.
m


I love this part:

Every time I see a dog in a movie, I think the same thing: I want that dog. I see Skip or Lucy or Shiloh and for a moment I can't even think about the movie's plot. I can only think about the dog. I want to hold it, pet it, take it for walks, and tell it what a good dog it is. I want to love it, and I want it to love me. I have an empty space inside myself that can only be filled by a dog.

And while we're on the topic of dogs, I should let you know I'm about halfway through my Waldo post on Rouxby blog, so check back for that later today.

Also, I was excited that my photo made it to National Geographic's Daily Dozen. That means it's in the running to be printed in the magazine. Probably won't happen, but that doesn't stop a girl from hoping.

And with that, I promise I will lay off the dog posts for a while.

No comments: