1.13.2009

Tilt

I've been wanting a tilt shift lens for a good six months, which is about half of my entire photographic career, and therefore a significant amount of time.  I refrained from buying one for all that time because they are not cheap.  Inspirational, yes.  Inexpensive, not so much.  I did a google shopping search to find the cheapest of the non-cheap and then left that browser up on my computer for another two months before I finally pulled the trigger.  But the trigger has been pulled and I used the dogs' walk this morning as a chance to give it a test run.  I'm well aware of the fact that I probably haven't even begun to tap into the possibilities and that I don't really know what I'm doing with it yet, but I LOVE IT.  
.

I've also been thinking a lot lately about how much I love Table Mountain.  It's become a place that feels like my own sanctuary.  It's almost always deserted when I'm there (save the occasional Magpie or coyote), and it feels so liberating.  The dogs run like crazy, as much space as they want at their fingertips.  It's a really, really lucky thing to have it.  
.
A few favorites in b+w:


These are for Alex:
.



And this is for you, Lauren:
,

1 comment:

lauren said...

i LOVE your lens too.
those shots are pretty terrific for not knowing what you are doing. can't wait to see what you do when you are an expert. and, it's a good thing i bought a puppy to give you a little more practice.
table mountain is the best. that's why i wrote a song about it.