3.13.2008

catching river sparkles

Yesterday, I went for a run at that magic time of day. You know, where everything suddenly turns golden and peaceful. There is this little river that runs along my path, and it was all I could do to not just stop running and sit by the river the whole time. I probably should have. There was that part of me that was so frustrated not to have my camera on me so that I might be able to hold on to the moment forever. But, the other part of me realized that more often than not, those special little moments are lost completely in a photo. It's impossible to capture the movement of the water over the rocks, and the way the light flickers along with it. So that's one that I will have to store in my mind and think about on a day when I could really use some river sparkles.

Here are my two favorites from today's work in the studio:








No comments: