4.02.2008

for charity

Last night I attended yet another unusual and wonderful Palouse event. This time it was the Mo hawk athon. A little background....the nice little community playground had been declared unsafe and had to be removed, so the town needed some way to raise money for a new playground. Tiana (the one with the pink hair in this picture, and one of the owners of the Green Frog) suggested the Mo hawk idea. So, people have been spending the last few months getting sponsors and donations , and in turn agreeing to get a mohawk. David got one, but I didn't get any good pictures. I think 12 people ended up getting the mohawks while we all sat around eating lasagna and cheering. Everyone from the Pastor and the Sunday school teacher, to a father and daughter were in on it, and I had no idea that people could look so good with a mohawk. (But, that doesn't mean that I will get one if there is ever a second Mo hawk athon.)

No comments: