4.07.2008

run with a little muxtape

The weekend wasn't terribly exciting, certainly not as exciting as yours with YOUR SHOW. (Photos had better be forthcoming).
Nevertheless, a few good things did come out of the weekend:
1. A and I ran together for the first time in the history of our relationship. It does seem strange that I would date an actual runner, and enjoy running, and that we would never run together. But I was always intimidated. And for a while I felt like he should run by himself, because after all, I like going to see my horse by myself. And running is sort of like his horse. But Saturday morning it occured to me that that was just stupid. If we would both enjoy it, why not? So we ran together. And I really, really liked it. I should've realized a long time ago what a great resource I had right at my fingertips. It's like a live in personal trainer AND a way to spend quality time together at the same time.

2. I ordered new running shoes. This was about, oh two years overdue. I'm pretty psyched and am really hoping they'll work out. A helped me order these as well, now that he knows my running style. And I think he should know a thing or two about running shoes, because look at all the shoes he has:


And actually, that's just a fraction of the total number.

3. A made a Muxtape. And we listened to everyone else's Muxtapes nonstop. While I liked it immediately, now I REALLY like it. Such a fabulous concept: it's a site where any old person can just upload their favorite mix. It's genius. Because how many mix cds do you have in your cd collection that you really love? They're awesome because they're combinations you'd never think of, and actually a really great way to discover new music.

A's Muxtape.

The main Muxtape site.





1 comment:

lauren said...

i had no idea that muxtape existed...and i have no idea how i lived without it...

i love A's selection, and have been listening to it all day.