1.31.2008

phew.

Between trying to secretly apply for grad school and the recent terrors of my workplace, I've been completely exhausted. I sent in application #1 yesterday, so I can at least cross something off my list. A day of easy breathing, and then I have to take the GRE's and finish application #2.

A few photos I've been meaning to post since last weekend:

1. A few agents in my office probably spent about $50 on this little cake from a gourmet pastry shop. I like that it's poppyseed, but the bright pink frosting is disgusting, as evidenced here:




2. This weekend I got up to see my little mare, Annick, which is something I don't get to do as often as I'd like. I've been feeling particularly sentimental about her lately as I've been considering the possibility of selling her. She's just so kind-hearted. I've always thought (and I think is part of what I love so much about horses) that you can tell their disposition from their eyes.


I also love Annick for her very cute mustache.




Lastly, Alex showed me this Vampire Weekend video last night, and I really love it. I really love Vampire Weekend in general (you can check out more of their music at http://www.vampireweekend.com/ - they also have a pretty awesome website) but this video is especially cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XC2mqcMMGQ


P.S. I completely understand the weirdness you observed about getting a massage. I've actually never gotten one, which is due in part to the fact that anyone touching the vicinity of my neck (that I once broke) totally freaks me out, but also I think it has a little bit to do with the fact that I am not really a touchy-feely kind of person, and especially not with strangers. The fact that under the guise of a massage it's perfectly normal for a stranger to be touching you with no shirt on kind of reminds me of how it's also weird that it's perfectly normal to walk around in a bikini, but not in your underwear. Society is such a joker sometimes.

No comments: