7.07.2008

Art Farm

This weekend Alex and I drove to Middle-of-Nowhere, Nebraska to pick Lauren friend up. The drive was long and uneventful, which is to be expected if you are driving across Eastern Colorado and basically the whole state of Nebraska, but we spent 4th of July there and that was really lovely. Art Farm, as it's called, is uniquely artistic, adorably old-fashioned in a farmy sort of way and full of photographic opportunities. My one night stay in Nebraska was the first time I have ever filled up the memory card on my camera. The best of the best (about 100 photos in total) can be seen on my Flickr photostream.

Some Art Farm favorites:










And for the Art Farm canine element, we have Miss Money Penny.




Money Penny (who has already made an appearance on this blog) is a Boxer/Pittbull mix who really was BFFs with Roux.




It was a short visit, but a few important things came out of it:

1. I got to see/photograph Lauren's installation, the result of her stay at Art Farm. I didn't edit all the photos (they're really Lauren's to do with as she will), but here are a few glimpses.








2. Lauren and I got to spend some quality bonding time together. Since she lives halfway across the country, I gotta get that in whenever I can.




3. This photo of Roux with the most unbelievable light.




4. Laying on the farmhouse rooftop with Alex, Lauren, Roux and new friends watching fireworks and, equally as impressive, fireflies. One of those memories you tuck away and hold tight to.

3 comments:

Nadia said...

Claire, these pictures are incredible! The ones of Roux in the barn are really some of the most beautiful pictures I've seen. Can't wait for you to take some of Rowan!

lauren said...

beautiful work.

i think you soaked up all the best parts of the place with that lens of yours.

Val said...

Hi! I stumbled across your blog and have to say, Roux is beautiful. I love the photo of the light in the barn. Gorgeous! =) Have a great week!